Air conditioners don’t last forever. In fact, many of them tend to peter out only after a few years for reasons like a botched installation or an improper load size calculation. That’s a big benefit you get from working with professionals on an AC installation: you’ll rarely run into such a catastrophic problem that requires such fast replacement.
However, today we’d like to talk about some things that might contribute to the early upgrade of your AC. For instance, the type of refrigerant in the system, the system’s energy efficiency, and its overall comfort levels might lead you towards replacement as the best answer.
Yes, AC replacement in Pine Bluff can often be the most cost-effective solution to your home’s comfort needs. If you keep reading, we’ll talk about why this is the case and specifically about how a replacement could help your home.
The Advantages of Upgrading Your AC
Let’s talk about broad reasons why upgrading your air conditioner might be a good idea. Then, once we’ve covered the basics, there’s a special PSA we’d like to make about refrigerant that could help shift the balance on whether you’re leaning more towards replacement or repairs.
- Old age. If your air conditioner is anywhere approaching the ten-year mark or beyond, then it’s usually going to be in your best interest to look at replacement options. Once an air conditioner reaches its tenth birthday, its efficiency, durability, and ability to keep you comfortable will drastically drop with each part that becomes broken or useless due to wear and tear.
- Inefficiency. Even if your system is in great condition, it’s simply not going to run as efficiently as other units on the market. Don’t you want to get cool air at a comfortable price each and every month, not to mention limit your carbon footprint?
- Uncomfortable temperatures. If your air conditioner can’t keep your home comfortable, then seriously, what’s the point?
- It costs way too much to fix. We’ve all been there—your air conditioner runs into a pretty serious problem and the bill almost makes your eyes fall out of their sockets. An older, aging AC isn’t worth the high price tag of an expensive repair.
- You need to fix it all the time. At this point, it might make your life a lot easier to replace your old system if it’s constantly on the fritz. That stress can be avoided by a replacement.
One huge reason to upgrade your air conditioner is based around refrigerant. Older systems use R-22 refrigerant, also known as Freon, which is exceptionally bad for the Earth’s ozone layer and the environment. It’s so bad that it’s been phased out by the United States government since January of 2020!
Luckily, newer systems are all constructed to use R-410A, also known as Puron, which is a better, more sustainable type of refrigerant that works just as well. So, if your AC runs on Freon, it might be the perfect time to invest in an upgrade.
Call Us Today!
Our team can help you every step of the way with a replacement. Just call us!