We’re in the thick of summer and your air conditioner has decided to abruptly shut down. This can be one of the most frustrating things to happen, and we won’t knock anyone out for looking online for solutions. But there are only two good options for a homeowner with a severely malfunctioning air conditioner: AC repairs and AC replacement. The problem is figuring out which is right for you.
In most cases, air conditioning service in East End, AR like repairs are the better option. You’re just trying to stay cool and calm, and for the rest of the summer, you simply want your air conditioner to work properly. Our team can definitely help you with AC repairs that are prompt and effective.
However, if your air conditioner has reached a certain point, like 10 years in age or it requires multiple repairs each year, then we’d argue a replacement is better.
Reasons to Repair
Here are a few good reasons to invest in repairs, rather than replacement services.
- You’re happy with the system. If you’re happy with how your air conditioner works, then enjoy it! Don’t let anyone convince you that it’s bad if you’re content to enjoy the cool air it makes.
- It’s usually pretty durable. Is this the first repair you’ve needed for your AC in a while? In that case, then your system is actually pretty durable and it’s likely to last even longer after you schedule repairs.
- It’s not too old. If your system is below 10 years in age, then it probably still has a lot of time left until it kicks the bucket. How about investing in repairs today and investigating a replacement for the future?
Reasons to Replace
If you’re not happy with your air conditioner, here are a few reasons that could sway you to replace it.
- 10–15 Year age range. Air conditioners are only designed to last 10–15 years in the best of cases. Beyond this, an air conditioner will run into issues where certain components are breaking due to wear and tear and the end of their prospective lifespans. Unfortunately, many of these repairs can cause your system to stop working entirely, so it might be a good idea to plan for a replacement ahead of time.
- It doesn’t work efficiently. The efficiency of your air conditioner is a top priority. If it looks like every time you turn it on, you have to brace yourself for the huge energy bill that comes at the end of the month, then you should get the system replaced.
- It constantly runs into issues. Are you getting your air conditioner repaired every year? That’s not normal, and it means that your system is breaking down. Replacement is a good, cost-effective option.
- You’re not happy with it. Simply put, if your air conditioner doesn’t run in a way that leaves you satisfied, then it’s not worth the money to operate it or get it fixed. We’d recommend talking with one of our professionals to find a system that is going to make you happy.
Contact Nicholson’s Heating and Air Conditioning, Inc. for AC replacement or repair. Customer Satisfaction is our #1 Goal.