This is a complicated question and we apologize if you weren’t ready for it. If your heater is working just fine and you’re not really in the financial place to make an upgrade, then congratulations! You can just sit back and relax while you read this blog, you’re likely in good shape for the future. Just remember to call us for repairs when the time comes!
However, we can guess that some of our neighbors are struggling with heating systems that either aren’t operating efficiently, constantly need repairs, or are just not able to adequately heat a house on the coldest winter days. We completely understand, and uncomfortable heating in Pine Bluff, AR can be a pretty huge letdown when trying to remain happy and comfortable during difficult times.
Let’s discuss the honest topic of a heater upgrade. We’ll talk about when it might be a good idea and how much it would realistically cost.
5 Reasons to Upgrade Your Heater
Before we talk about the cost of an upgrade, we need to talk about how or why you might want to upgrade your system. After all, you could just replace your system with a similar one when it starts to get too old or inefficient, but what if that kind of heating system doesn’t fit your comfort needs? Let’s find out.
- You’d like a different type of heater. Heaters come in all shapes and sizes. There are heat pumps, furnaces, and boilers. They all heat in different ways, so we’d understand a homeowner wanting to switch systems. For instance, heat pumps and furnaces are forced-air heating systems and heat the air in a home. Boilers, on the other hand, use radiant heating to heat through objects inside a home. Let’s find the right system for you.
- The system is too expensive to run. Heating systems have efficiency ratings based on the type of system it is. Check your heater’s efficiency rating and compare it to newer models on the market. If you’d like to spend less money per month on your heating unit, then this is a good way to do it.
- Your heater never reaches your desired temperature. While your heater technically works, it might not be working well. An upgrade can ensure that your heating system provides adequate temperature control for your home.
- You’d like a more versatile heater. Ductless mini split heat pumps can heat specific areas of your home to different temperatures, unlike other centralized heating systems. Each type of heater has a unique set of advantages that can be helpful for your lifestyle.
- You’d like to try something new. If you’re tired of your old heating system, there’s no rule in the book that says you have to stick with it. Try a new and improved system that’s recommended by our team!
How Much Is an Upgrade Going to Cost?
Heating system upgrades will cost different amounts depending on the scope of the project, the system itself, and how you decide to finance it.
If you’re looking to pay all at once for an affordable heater that will keep you comfortable, you could have an electric furnace installed for an affordable price. However, for more intricate and energy-efficient heating systems, like heat pumps or boilers, they’ll initially cost more money to install. Take a look at our financing options to learn more about the different ways you can pay for a system upgrade!